Thursday, June 27, 2024

How to Trim Your Eyebrows



If you think about it, eyebrows can be pretty weird. These two hairy strips sit above the eyeballs on our otherwise smooth faces.

According to one theory, eyebrows prevent rain and sweat from getting into our eyes. Their primary function seems to be communication, as they communicate our subtle emotions. If eyes are windows to the soul then eyebrows are signposts of our mood.

My eyebrows are thick and fluffy. Kate and my children say that with my thick brows and Roman nose, I resemble Sam from the Muppets. That's fine. Sam the Eagle is a swaggering eagle!

My mom's family is known for their thick eyebrows. Kate met my cousins, aunts and uncles at a family gathering a few years back. She noticed that we had the same bushy fur over our eyes. It must be a dominant genetic trait.

In my youth I didn't have to worry about my thick eyebrows, but as I get older, they tend to grow very large. Long-term hormone exposure causes your eyebrows and nose hair to become thicker and longer as you age.

If I don't care for my eyebrows they look like large, furry caterpillars. As a result, I have to trim my eyebrows regularly.

Sam the Eagle is here to help you trim your eyebrows. Sam the Eagle was the perfect guide to a distinguished, dignified and well-groomed eyebrow.

Ted Slampyak, Illustration

Support independent publishing. Donate to The Art of Manliness! Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment